Goodbye June, it’s been a hot rainbow filled month but it’s about to end. This month’s new square pattern is arriving really late in the month but it doesn’t mean it isn’t special. And of course it’s another rainbow design (you know I had to)! Say hello to the C2C Daisy Afghan Square.
Like I was saying earlier this month, I love a good rainbow design and for the last few years my CAL square incorporates a rainbow in some way. Both last year’s design and 2019’s were coffee and rainbow themed and this year it was even easier, because as soon as I decided on plants for my theme, I wanted a daisy with rainbow petals. And hello, how great did it work out?
When I sat down to make the graph for this square I originally had the traditional 6 color rainbow but I decided to add the black and brown petals to update the rainbow similar to the progress flag. And I’m really happy with how it turned out. I can’t wait to see people’s flowers! All the colors or just 1 color petals, I bet they’re going to be so cute.
Anyway, I really hope you like this pattern and give it a try. I bet it’d make a wonderful blanket in just flowers. But it’ll also look fun with all the other squares.
This month I will be donating all the proceeds for this pattern’s pdf and any of my other Pride pattern pdfs to the Trevor Project and Trans LifeLine.
Check out last year’s 2020’s C2C Coffee CAL, 2019’s Coffee Tapestry Squares, and the 2018’s Tapestry Afghan Squares.
I hope you all are healthy and happy and like this new design. Please be kind to one and other, wear your masks, wash your hands, and be safe friends!
Please note: I was provided the yarn for this pattern by Lion Brand Yarn for the purposes of making this design, without compensation. I wasn’t provided the yarn with the expectations of positive or negative reviews but I did enjoy using this yarn, I’ve used it many times and it’s always a great worsted acrylic yarn.
(this post contains affiliate links)
If you appreciate my weekly patterns I hope you’d consider purchasing an ad-free pdf of this pattern in my Ravelry shop.
Thank you to Onita for becoming my newest patrons on Patreon!
12 squares (one each month)
12″ x 12″
New square will be released on the 4th Tuesday of each month
Graphs will be free on my blog (although there will be pdfs available for purchase for the written instructions)
Use the tag # DivineDebrisC2CPlantCAL or #DivineDebris so I can see the projects – I might share them on my social media
Where to buy the C2C Daisy Afghan Square
Intermediate (must know how to C2C)
- US H (5.00 mm) crochet hook
- Size #4/ worsted/ medium weight yarn
- 3 – 10 colors
- I used Vanna’s Choice by Lion Brand Yarn
- 2.5 oz total/ 121 yds
- Specifics in the Notes
- Notions: needle, measuring tape, scissors
- 5 squares x 5 rows = 4” (blocked)
- This is a C2C pattern worked from the bottom right corner to the top left corner.
- This pattern is a square, so you don’t have to worry about increasing on one side and decreasing on the other.
- Each C2C square consists of 3 double crochets and a ch-3. The directions will only tell you what color (ie: Color A, Color B, etc…) and the number tells you how many squares to make.
- Check out the tutorial by Meghan Makes Do on how to do C2C designs if you’re unfamiliar on this technique.
- You will need to know how to change colors in a C2C for this pattern.
- Rows 1 – 15 you will be increasing and rows 16 – 29 you will be decreasing.
- The odd-numbered rows are worked up and the even-numbered rows are worked down. The even-numbered rows are the Right Side.
- In the photos: Color A is off-white (Lion Brand Yarn Vanna’s Choice in Linen 1.15 oz/ 46 yds), color B is green (VC in Kelly Green .15 oz/ 7.3 yds), color C is blue (VC in Colonial Blue .15 oz/ 7.3 yds), color D is purple (VC in Purple .15 oz/ 7.3 yds), color E is yellow (VC in Lemon .15 oz/ 7.3 yds), color F is tan (VC in Beige .1 oz/ 4.8 yds), color G is orange (VC in Rust .15 oz/ 7.3 yds), color H is brown (VC in Chocolate .15 oz/ 7.3 yds), color I is red (VC in Scarlet .15 oz/ 7.3 yds), and color J is black (VC in Black .15 oz/ 7.3 yds).
Finished product dimensions (measurements may vary by gauge and yarn used)
Approx 12″ x 12″
Graph for C2C Daisy Afghan Square
Key: Color A is white, color B is green, color C is blue, color D is purple, color E is yellow, color F is tan, color G is orange, color H is brown, color I is red, and color J is black.
I plan on using the join method I used on my Concentric Squares Throw to join this new CAL, you can check it out here.
Don’t forget, you can buy an ad-free pdf of the written instructions for this pattern in my Ravelry shop or in my LoveCrafts shop (coming soon).