Hi everyone! You didn’t think we’d finish out June without another rainbow pattern from me, did you? Ha! Of course I would include another and it would be an update of my 2019 TSAP Rainbow and Coffee Tapestry Afghan Square. Say hello to June’s C2C square – the Rainbow and Coffee Cup C2C Afghan Square.
So, as I was saying before, this is another Pride design from me but it’s also part of the C2C Coffee CAL! I love it and I am so excited to see it all done. In my head, the blanket looks fun and exciting with all the different squares. But I’m also nervous, because I’ve designed all the squares individually not as a whole… so there’s that risk that there won’t be a good cohesion between the squares. I mean, they’re all coffee but who really knows how they’re going to look.
Anyway, I hope you don’t find this design intimidating. It’s actually not bad if you’re using bobbins or have the space to keep all the skeins in tact but out of the way. I’m very fortunate that my spouse doesn’t mind that I take up half the couch with yarn. He kinda just goes with it and uses the other couch and leaves me my yarn space. Ha! He gets that sometimes I need to put a project to the side and not to touch it. So, what I’m saying is… it’s not hard but you might want to make sure you have a good project bag to pack it up with and use those bobbins 😀
Like all the C2C squares, I followed industry standards, I decided to have the written instructions in the pdf only and below is the graph. If you find you’d rather have the instructions written out for you, I do hope you’ll purchase the pdf.
Happy crocheting! I hope you like the Rainbow and Coffee Cup C2C Afghan Square <3
Please note: I was provided the yarn for this pattern by Lion Brand Yarn for the purposes of making this design, without compensation. I wasn’t provided the yarn with the expectations of positive or negative reviews but I did enjoy using this yarn, I’ve used it many times and it’s always a great worsted acrylic yarn.
This post is linked to Hookin’ on Hump day 218
(this post contains affiliate links)
If you appreciate my weekly patterns I hope you’d consider purchasing an ad-free pdf of this pattern in my Ravelry shop.
Thank you to all my patrons on Patreon!
12 squares (one a month)
23″ x 23″
New square will be released on the 4th Tuesday of each month
Graphs will be free on my blog (although there will be pdfs available for purchase for the written instructions)
Use the tag # DivineDebrisC2CCoffeeCAL or #DivineDebris so I can see the projects – I might share them on my social media
- US G (4.00 mm) crochet hook
- Size #4/ worsted/ medium weight yarn
- 8 colors
- I used Lion Brand Yarn Basic Stitch Anti-Pilling
- 11 oz/ 589 yds total
- Specifics in the Notes
- Notions: needle, measuring tape, scissors
- 7 squares x 7 rows = 4.5”
- This is a C2C pattern worked from the bottom right corner to the top left corner.
- This pattern is a square, so you don’t have to worry about increasing on one side and decreasing on the other.
- Each C2C square consists of 3 double crochets and a ch-3. The directions will only tell you what color (ie: Color A, Color B, etc…) and the number tells you how many squares to make.
- Check out the tutorial by Meghan Makes Do on how to do C2C designs if you’re unfamiliar on this technique.
- You will need to know how to change colors in a C2C for this pattern.
- Rows 1 – 36 you will be increasing and rows 37 – 71 you will be decreasing.
- The even-numbered rows are worked down and the odd-numbered rows are worked up. The even-numbered rows are the Right Side.
- In the photos: Color A is cream (Lion Brand Yarn Basic Stitch Anti-Pilling in Ecru 3 oz/ 159 yds), color B is brown (Lion Brand Yarn Basic Stitch Anti-Pilling in Taupe Heather 1.75 oz/ 93 yds), color C is red (Lion Brand Yarn Basic Stitch Anti-Pilling in Red Heather 1.75 oz/ 93 yds), Color D is orange (Lion Brand Yarn Basic Stitch Anti-Pilling in Pumpkin 1.5 oz/ 79 yds), Color E is yellow (Lion Brand Yarn Basic Stitch Anti-Pilling in Mustard 1 oz/ 53 yds), Color F is green (Lion Brand Yarn Basic Stitch Anti-Pilling in Grass .75 oz/ 39 yds), Color G is blue (Lion Brand Yarn Basic Stitch Anti-Pilling in Royal Blue .6 oz/ 32 yds), and Color H is purple (Lion Brand Yarn Basic Stitch Anti-Pilling in Purple .6 oz/ 32 yds).
Finished product dimensions (measurements may vary by gauge and yarn used)
Approx 23″ x 23″
Colors in the graph: Color A is white, color B is brown, color C is red, color D is orange, color E is yellow, color F is green, color G is blue, and color H is purple.
A couple videos on carrying yarn in a C2C project
At this time I haven’t decided how I want to join all the squares, so feel free to drop a comment below if you’d have any advice. I might add a border to the squares later or maybe just sew them together. Who knows!
Don’t forget, you can buy an ad-free pdf of the written instructions for this pattern in my Ravelry shop.