Ah, the sun is setting on September and while I’m glad to have October here (my favorite time of year) I will miss this pre-Halloween month. *sighs wistfully* But, you know what the end of the month means, it’s a brand new square for the 2021 C2C Plants CAL! And this month’s new square is perfect for September and if you love a good 8 bit video game, the C2C Mum Afghan Square.
So, this is lucky square number 9! Have you been following along the whole CAL? If you haven’t that’s fine, these posts are here and the graphs are free for you to find and enjoy no matter the time of year. But if you have I hope you’re looking at your previous 8 squares with glee, like me, because it’s almost done! I haven’t decide how I want to add more squares but at this point I’m definitely going to be adding more squares to make it a larger blanket. Perhaps I’ll add some stash busting greens and browns. Ooh, or maybe oranges too. And purples! Ok, ok getting over-whelmed with ideas but I do have a pretty good idea on what cute little additions I could make to checkerboard the finished blanket with plain squares. But that’s future Amber’s problems (probably last week of December rushing to get this year-long CAL done Amber for sure).
I actually kind of love this square. It make me want to make a whole sweater with these cute little flowers, like my Sally Skulls Pullover or something. I mean, who wouldn’t love this cute little face? And think of all the colors you could make the flowers in! It would be so, so pretty. Ok, ok… I’m getting way ahead of myself here. I’ll try to file that idea away for another time, ya know? But I still do love this square because to make sure you have lots of time with them, you want to plant or crochet your mums in September. Or at least that’s what I read on the internet, so don’t quote me on it (except for the crocheting part, you should totally do that).
Anyway, I hope you enjoy this weeks square! It’s a fun one for sure and
Check out last year’s 2020’s C2C Coffee CAL, 2019’s Coffee Tapestry Squares, and the 2018’s Tapestry Afghan Squares.
I hope you all are healthy and happy and like this new design. Please be kind to one and other, wear your masks, wash your hands, and be safe friends!
Please note: I was provided the yarn for this pattern by Lion Brand Yarn for the purposes of making this design, without compensation. I wasn’t provided the yarn with the expectations of positive or negative reviews but I did enjoy using this yarn, I’ve used it many times and it’s always a great worsted acrylic yarn.
(this post contains affiliate links)
If you appreciate my weekly patterns I hope you’d consider purchasing an ad-free pdf of this pattern in my Ravelry shop.
Thank you to Caroline for becoming my newest patrons on Patreon!
12 squares (one each month)
12″ x 12″
New square will be released on the 4th Tuesday of each month
Graphs will be free on my blog (although there will be pdfs available for purchase for the written instructions)
Use the tag # DivineDebrisC2CPlantCAL or #DivineDebris so I can see the projects – I might share them on my social media
Where to buy the C2C Mum Afghan Square
Intermediate (must know how to C2C)
- 5 squares x 5 rows = 4” (blocked)
- As is industry standard, this pattern is just a free graph and not written instructions but you can purchase the pattern for free in my Ravelry shop.
- This is a C2C pattern worked from the bottom right corner to the top left corner.
- This pattern is a square, so you don’t have to worry about increasing on one side and decreasing on the other.
- Each C2C square consists of 3 double crochets and a ch-3. The directions will only tell you what color (ie: Color A, Color B, etc…) and the number tells you how many squares to make.
- Check out the tutorial by Meghan Makes Do on how to do C2C designs if you’re unfamiliar on this technique.
- You will need to know how to change colors in a C2C for this pattern.
- Rows 1 – 15 you will be increasing and rows 16 – 29 you will be decreasing.
- The odd-numbered rows are worked up and the even-numbered rows are worked down. The even-numbered rows are the Right Side.
- In the photos: Color A is off-white (Lion Brand Yarn Vanna’s Choice in Linen 1.7 oz/ 83 yds), color B is green (VC in Olive .3 oz/ 15 yds), color C is orange (VC in Rust .45 oz/ 22 yds), and color D is pale yellow (VC in Asparagus Green .45 oz 22 yds.
Finished product dimensions (measurements may vary by gauge and yarn used)
Approx 12″ x 12″
Graph for C2C Mum Afghan Square
Key: Color A is white, color B is green, color C is orange, and color D is yellow.
I plan on using the join method I used on my Concentric Squares Throw to join this new CAL, you can check it out here.
Don’t forget, you can buy an ad-free pdf of the written instructions for this pattern in my Ravelry shop or in my LoveCrafts shop (coming soon).