Plant C2C CAL – Rose C2C Square Free Crochet Pattern
It’s already time for the second C2C Plants and Flowers square! Wow, where does the time fly to? Honestly I do not know but I do know that I’m excited for this second month’s of square. I hope you like new C2C Rose Afghan Square as much as I do.
First of all, I want to say with this square I wanted to get a little abstract. I wanted to use the negative space of the square (the tan) to tell the story of the square. It’s all about what you can see and what you can’t with this – it’s all supposed to work. I hope it does. I had some negative feedback on Instagram on it and, wow, it hurt my confidence. But I have recovered and I’m pretty happy overall with how this design turned out. I did, however, include a second graph below if you’d like to make the center of the flower slightly darker for a higher contrast in the final square.
Anyway, this is the second square in the year-long CAL. Don’t forget to head back to the first square, January’s Cactus Square, so you can get caught up. And make sure to tag me in your square photos on Instagram so I can share them! I love seeing them, truly.
Check out last year’s 2020’s C2C Coffee CAL, 2019’s Coffee Tapestry Squares, and the 2018’s Tapestry Afghan Squares.
I hope you all are healthy and happy and like this new design. Please be kind to one and other, wear your masks, wash your hands, and be safe friends!
Please note: I was provided the yarn for this pattern by Lion Brand Yarn for the purposes of making this design, without compensation. I wasn’t provided the yarn with the expectations of positive or negative reviews but I did enjoy using this yarn, I’ve used it many times and it’s always a great worsted acrylic yarn.
This post is linked to the Loop Scoop #7
(this post contains affiliate links)
If you appreciate my weekly patterns I hope you’d consider purchasing an ad-free pdf of this pattern in my Ravelry shop.
Thank you to Chantal and Heather for becoming my newest patrons on Patreon!
12 squares (one each month)
12″ x 12″
New square will be released on the 4th Tuesday of each month
Graphs will be free on my blog (although there will be pdfs available for purchase for the written instructions)
Use the tag # DivineDebrisC2CPlantCAL or #DivineDebris so I can see the projects – I might share them on my social media
Intermediate (must know how to C2C)
- US H (5.00 mm) crochet hook
- I used this Furls Streamline hook
- Size #4/ worsted/ medium weight yarn
- 4 colors (with optional 5th)
- I used Vanna’s Choice by Lion Brand Yarn
- 2.73 oz total/ 132 yds
- Specifics in the Notes
- Notions: needle, measuring tape, scissors
- Pom pom maker (optional)
- 5 squares x 5 rows = 4” (blocked)
- As is industry standard, this pattern is just a free graph and not written instructions but you can purchase the pattern for free in my Ravelry shop.
- This is a C2C pattern worked from the bottom right corner to the top left corner.
- This pattern is a square, so you don’t have to worry about increasing on one side and decreasing on the other.
- Each C2C square consists of 3 double crochets and a ch-3. The directions will only tell you what color (ie: Color A, Color B, etc…) and the number tells you how many squares to make.
- Check out the tutorial by Meghan Makes Do on how to do C2C designs if you’re unfamiliar on this technique.
- You will need to know how to change colors in a C2C for this pattern.
- Rows 1 – 15 you will be increasing and rows 16 – 29 you will be decreasing.
- The odd-numbered rows are worked up and the even-numbered rows are worked down. The even-numbered rows are the Right Side.
- In the photos: Color A is off-white (Lion Brand Yarn Vanna’s Choice in Linen 1.4 oz/ 70 yds), color B is green (Lion Brand Yarn Vanna’s Choice in Honey .3 oz/ 14.5 yds), and color C is red (Lion Brand Yarn Vanna’s Choice in Dusty Cedar 1 oz/ 48 yds).
Finished product dimensions (measurements may vary by gauge and yarn used)
Approx 12″ x 12″
Graph for C2C Rose Afghan Square
Key: Color A is white, color B is green, and color C is red.
Optional chart with some darker contrast in the center of the rose:
I plan on using the join method I used on my Concentric Squares Throw to join this new CAL, you can check it out here.
Don’t forget, you can buy an ad-free pdf of the written instructions for this pattern in my Ravelry shop or in my LoveCrafts shop (coming soon).
Tada! There it is, the C2C Rose Afghan Square! I hope you love it and use the hashtag #DivineDebris on Instagram and I’ll share it in my stories!
6 thoughts on “Plant C2C CAL – Rose C2C Square Free Crochet Pattern”
Ooooh – I have been patiently waiting for today since I finished my last square last month! I think it’s super pretty and can’t wait go get started on it!
I’m so glad you like it!
Thank you so much for your designs. I like the challenge and simplicity of C2C to crochet. I don’t know that I could I design anything. Again, thank you for you designs.-hetty
I’m glad you like them! 🙂
Thank you for sharing. I’m legally blind and see just a little. I can not wait to get started. I see a little in each eye after an eye stroke 5 years ago. So here go my new project. Sorry I do not not know how to has-tag items. But I will put my best foot forward and do this. Again thank you, Marlene
I hope you like it 🙂