Hi everyone! It feels like just yesterday I shared the first square in the 2020 CAL and here I am, unveiling the new Heart and Cup C2C Square! Where does the time go?
Now, if you’d don’t follow me on Instagram you might not have seen the reveals of this square for the last few weeks but here it is! Here is me ripping off my own design from last year, the Heart and Cup Tapestry Afghan Square. Ha! I loved how the square turned out for last year’s coffee CAL that I kind of thought it would be a big “oops” to not repeat it again. But bigger this time. 😀 Always bigger!
I hope you’re having fun right along with me for this new CAL. I am definitely loving C2C, it’s both so easy and a little hard. Does that make sense? It’s a lot of counting, a lot of making sure you’re doing putting the squares in the right space, and deciding when to carry the yarn and when not to.
Like last month’s square, I followed industry standards, I decided to have the written instructions in the pdf only and below is the graph. If you find you’d rather have the instructions written out for you, I do hope you’ll purchase the pdf.
(this post contains affiliate links)
If you appreciate my weekly patterns I hope you’d consider purchasing an ad-free pdf of this pattern in my Ravelry shop.
Thank you Carolyn for becoming my newest patron on Patreon!
12 squares (one a month)
23″ x 23″
New square will be released on the 4th Tuesday of each month
Graphs will be free on my blog (although there will be pdfs available for purchase for the written instructions)
Use the tag # DivineDebrisC2CCoffeeCAL or #DivineDebris so I can see the projects – I might share them on my social media
- US G (4.00 mm) crochet hook
- Size #4/ worsted/ medium weight yarn
- 4 colors
- I used Lion Brand Yarn Basic Stitch Anti-Pilling
- Specifics in the Notes
- Notions: needle, measuring tape, scissors
- 7 squares x 7 rows = 4.5”
- This is a C2C pattern worked from the bottom right corner to the top left corner.
- This pattern is a square, so you don’t have to worry about increasing on one side and decreasing on the other.
- Each C2C square consists of 3 double crochets and a ch-3. The directions will only tell you what color (ie: Color A, Color B, etc…) and the number tells you how many squares to make.
- Check out the tutorial by Meghan Makes Do on how to do C2C designs if you’re unfamiliar on this technique.
- You will need to know how to change colors in a C2C for this pattern.
- Rows 1 – 36 you will be increasing and rows 37 – 71 you will be decreasing.
- The even numbered rows are worked down and the odd numbered rows are worked up. The even numbered rows are the Right Side.
- In the photos: Color A is cream (Lion Brand Yarn Basic Stitch Anti-Pilling in Ecru 6 oz/ 317 yds), color B is pink (Lion Brand Yarn Basic Stitch Anti-Pilling in Hot Pink 2.75 oz/ 145 yds), color C is black (Lion Brand Yarn Basic Stitch Anti-Pilling in Black .75 oz/ 39 yds), and color D is brown (Lion Brand Yarn Basic Stitch Anti-Pilling in Taupe Heather .75 oz/ 39 yds).
Finished product dimensions (measurements may vary by gauge and yarn used)
Approx 23″ x 23″
Colors in the graph: Color A is white, color B is red, color C is black, and color D is brown.
At this time I haven’t decided how I want to join all the squares, so feel free to drop a comment below if you’d have any advice. I might add a border to the squares later or maybe just sew them together. Who knows!
Don’t forget, you can buy an ad-free pdf of the written instructions for this pattern in my Ravelry shop.