And so, another month comes to an end. I look forward to the releases of these new afghan squares but they also bring the end of the month, and that’s sad in its own way. Ya know? Maybe that’s just me, being a weirdo again. I don’t know… but I do know that I’m a big fan of this month’s square, introducing the C2C Daffodil Afghan Square.
So this month, like the Tapestry Daffodil Square, was inspired by my mom. Now, stick with me – Mother’s Day is in May here in the US and so for my squares designed in this month I like to do a little tribute to my mother and her favorite flower, the daffodil. Twice now I’ve made a square I hope she likes, with its bright yellow petals and orange center, I think it’s fun in a really funky but playful way.
If you read these posts you probably know that I find something to associate for a pattern and that becomes the theme on my blog that month. It’s good for being creative and organized. I guess, I’m not an expert so I can’t say for sure. But I do know that this square will look so cute among your other 4 squares. Can you believe that it’s already been 5 months of 2021? Wild, right?
Anyway, don’t forget this is a year-long CAL. You can head back to the first square, January’s Cactus Square, so you can get caught up (or go here for all the squares). And make sure to tag me in your square photos on Instagram so I can share them! I love seeing them, truly.
Check out last year’s 2020’s C2C Coffee CAL, 2019’s Coffee Tapestry Squares, and the 2018’s Tapestry Afghan Squares.
I hope you all are healthy and happy and like this new design. Please be kind to one and other, wear your masks, wash your hands, and be safe friends!
Please note: I was provided the yarn for this pattern by Lion Brand Yarn for the purposes of making this design, without compensation. I wasn’t provided the yarn with the expectations of positive or negative reviews but I did enjoy using this yarn, I’ve used it many times and it’s always a great worsted acrylic yarn.
(this post contains affiliate links)
If you appreciate my weekly patterns I hope you’d consider purchasing an ad-free pdf of this pattern in my Ravelry shop.
Thank you to Breanne for becoming my newest patron on Patreon!
2021 C2C Plants Afghan Square CAL or #DivineDebrisC2CPlantsCAL
12 squares (one each month)
12″ x 12″
New square will be released on the 4th Tuesday of each month
Graphs will be free on my blog (although there will be pdfs available for purchase for the written instructions)
Use the tag # DivineDebrisC2CPlantCAL or #DivineDebris so I can see the projects – I might share them on my social media
Intermediate (must know how to C2C)
- US H (5.00 mm) crochet hook
- I used this Furls Streamline hook
- Size #4/ worsted/ medium weight yarn
- 4 colors (with optional 5th)
- I used Vanna’s Choice by Lion Brand Yarn
- 2.3 oz total/ 112 yds
- Specifics in the Notes
- Notions: needle, measuring tape, scissors
- 5 squares x 5 rows = 4” (blocked)
- As is industry standard, this pattern is just a free graph and not written instructions but you can purchase the pattern for free in my Ravelry shop.
- This is a C2C pattern worked from the bottom right corner to the top left corner.
- This pattern is a square, so you don’t have to worry about increasing on one side and decreasing on the other.
- Each C2C square consists of 3 double crochets and a ch-3. The directions will only tell you what color (ie: Color A, Color B, etc…) and the number tells you how many squares to make.
- Check out the tutorial by Meghan Makes Do on how to do C2C designs if you’re unfamiliar on this technique.
- You will need to know how to change colors in a C2C for this pattern.
- Rows 1 – 15 you will be increasing and rows 16 – 29 you will be decreasing.
- The odd-numbered rows are worked up and the even-numbered rows are worked down. The even-numbered rows are the Right Side.
- In the photos: Color A is off-white (Lion Brand Yarn Vanna’s Choice in Linen 1.1 oz/ 53 yds), color B is yellow (Lion Brand Yarn Vanna’s Choice in Lemon .8 oz/ 39 yds), color C is green (Lion Brand Yarn Vanna’s Choice in Kelly Green .1 oz/ 5 yds), and color D is orange (Lion Brand Yarn Vanna’s Choice in Rust .3 oz/ 15 yds).
Finished product dimensions (measurements may vary by gauge and yarn used)
Approx 12″ x 12″
Graph for C2C Daffodil Afghan Square
Key: Color A is white, color B is yellow, Color C is green, and color D is orange.
I plan on using the join method I used on my Concentric Squares Throw to join this new CAL, you can check it out here.
Don’t forget, you can buy an ad-free pdf of the written instructions for this pattern in my Ravelry shop or in my LoveCrafts shop (coming soon).