Square 2! Who’s excited for square 2 of this year’s Delicious Desserts CAL? I know I am. And honestly, I knew as soon as I decided on this theme that February’s (the month of love after all) square would be a donut. I just knew it in my heart. So say hello to the C2C Donut Afghan Square .
I love a good donut! I will scream that loud and far (and if you’ve been following my Instagram for a while you’ve probably seen them in more than a few photos). I’m actually very fortunate to have a local donut shop that makes a killer glazed and sprinkled, I just love them. The best glaze ever, I swear. Ok, enough about the shop because it’s closed right now and I couldn’t possibly get one and that breaks my heart. Anyway… where was I? Oh, right, this donut makes me so happy and it lets me celebrate the most consistent Valentine’s Day gift I give my hubby, a box of squishy donuts.
So yeah, I hope you get a kick out of this fun little square. It’s very much a video game inspired donut (it’s not perfectly round and I say that’s just artistic license) which goes so well with last month’s silly little donut. I can’t wait to keep going on this. I pulled out my Coffee C2C one the other day and man, I’m telling you it’s so cozy and it’s just too cute. I am so proud of that one and I bet by the end of the year you’ll be proud of this blanket too.
I hope you like this year’s theme and join in using the hashtag #DeliciousDessertsC2CCAL and #DivineDebris so I can share your makes!
I hope you all are healthy and happy and like this new design. Please be kind to one and other, wear your masks, wash your hands, and be safe friends!
Please note: I was provided the yarn for this pattern by Lion Brand Yarn for the purposes of making the C2C Donut Afghan Square, without compensation. I wasn’t provided the yarn with the expectations of positive or negative reviews but I did enjoy using this yarn, I’ve used it many times and it’s always a great worsted acrylic yarn.
Copyright @ Divine Debris 2022. No part of this document may be reproduced or transmitted in any form by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, or otherwise, without prior written permission from the author. Sales of finished products are permitted, but the designer requests that you link back to the pattern and credit Divine Debris with the original design under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike license. If you have any questions, comments or concerns please contact email@example.com.
(this post contains affiliate links)
If you appreciate my weekly patterns I hope you’d consider purchasing an ad-free pdf of this pattern in my Ravelry shop.
Thank you to Angie for becoming my newest patron on Patreon!
12 squares (one each month)
16″ x 16″
New square will be released on the last Tuesday of each month
Graphs will be free on my blog (although there will be pdfs available for purchase for the written instructions)
Use the tag #DeliciousDessertsC2CCAL or #DivineDebris so I can see the projects – I might share them on my social media
Where to buy the C2C Donut Afghan Square
Intermediate (must know how to C2C and work from a graph)
- US H (5.00 mm) crochet hook
- Size #4/ worsted/ medium weight yarn
- 3 colors
- I used Vanna’s Choice by Lion Brand Yarn
- 4.4 oz total/ 213 yds
- Specifics in the Notes
- Notions: needle, measuring tape, scissors
- 5 squares x 5 rows = 4” (blocked)
- In keeping with industry standards, the graph for this square is free here on my blog but you can purchase the written instructions here.
- This is a C2C pattern worked from the bottom right corner to the top left corner.
- This pattern is a square, so you don’t have to worry about increasing on one side and decreasing on the other.
- Each C2C block consists of 3 double crochets and a ch-3. The directions will only tell you what color (ie: Color A, Color B, etc…) and the number tells you how many blocks to make.
- Check out the tutorial by Meghan Makes Do on how to do C2C designs if you’re unfamiliar on this technique.
- You will need to know how to change colors in a C2C for this pattern.
- Rows 1 – 20 you will be increasing and rows 21 – 39 you will be decreasing.
- The even-numbered rows are worked up and the odd-numbered rows are worked down. The odd-numbered rows are the Right Side.
- In the photos: Color A is off-white (Lion Brand Yarn Vanna’s Choice in Linen 1.7 oz/ 82.6 yds), color B is brown (VC in Chocolate .7 oz/ 34 yds), and color C is pink (VC in Rose Shocking 2 oz/ 97 yds).
Finished product dimensions (measurements may vary by gauge and yarn used)
Approx 16″ x 16″
Graph for C2C Donut Afghan Square
Key: Color A is white, color B is brown, and color C is pink.
Optional: Optional: using a contrasting color, cut small pieces of yarn and tie them along the pink “icing” portion of the donut to create sprinkles.
I plan on using the join method I used on my Concentric Squares Throw to join this new CAL, you can check it out here.
Don’t forget, you can buy an ad-free pdf of the written instructions for this pattern in my Ravelry shop or in my LoveCrafts shop (coming soon).