Delicious Desserts C2C CAL: The C2C Cup of Cocoa Afghan Square
Happen end of the year and final pattern! I can’t believe we’ve come to the final design of my 2022 year but I’m also so happy. I actually already have the blanket seamed. I think that’s a first ever for me with these CALs. And if you’re ready for it, here’s the last pattern: the C2C Cup of Cocoa Afghan Square.
For much of this year’s Delicious Desserts CAL I didn’t know what I wanted to do for December’s square. I had some ideas about peppermints, cookies, or even another slice of cake… but those didn’t feel like me. I do love a good cookie during this time of the year but I don’t like peppermint all that much, especially as a food item. And when I was designing this square try as I might, I couldn’t bring myself to get excited by a peppermint design. But that’s just me being silly, so if you like peppermints I love that and you can take my share.
But I was still inspired by one of my favorite designs from a past CAL, the Peppermint Latte Square from 2019’s Coffee CAL. This month’s design is simpler however, in just 3 colors (or 4 if you want to add some sprinkles to the whipped cream) because I don’t know about you but I am ready for a break. I had to keep that snowflake though, I just love the way a cute happy snowflake looks on a bright blue cup.
Overall, I hope you had a great year working on these squares with me. I love how my blanket has turned out. I will post a couple photos later on social media an get my follow up post about finishing my blanket all done too. I hope you have enjoyed 2022 with me. Please take care of yourself and those around you. And don’t forget to use hashtag #DeliciousDessertsC2CCAL and #DivineDebris so I can share your makes!
Want more CALs? Check out 2021’s Plant CAL here, 2020’s C2C Coffee CAL, 2019’s Coffee Tapestry Squares, and the 2018’s Tapestry Afghan Squares.
I hope you all are healthy, happy and a fabulous end of the year. Please be kind to one and other, wear your masks, wash your hands, and be safe friends!
Please note: I was provided the yarn for this pattern by Lion Brand Yarn for the purposes of making the C2C Cup of Cocoa Afghan Square, without compensation. I wasn’t provided the yarn with the expectations of positive or negative reviews but I did enjoy using this yarn, I’ve used it many times and it’s always a great worsted acrylic yarn.
(this post contains affiliate links)
If you appreciate my weekly patterns I hope you’d consider purchasing an ad-free pdf of this pattern in my Ravelry shop.
Thank you to April for becoming my newest patron on Patreon!
12 squares (one each month)
16″ x 16″
New square will be released on the last Tuesday of each month
Graphs will be free on my blog (although there will be pdfs available for purchase for the written instructions)
Use the tag #DeliciousDessertsC2CCAL or #DivineDebris so I can see the projects – I might share them on my social media
Where to buy the C2C Cup of Cocoa Afghan Square
Intermediate – must know how to C2C and read a graph
- US H (5.00 mm) crochet hook
- Size #4/ worsted/ medium weight yarn
- 3 colors
- I used Vanna’s Choice by Lion Brand Yarn
- 4.5 oz total/ 221 yds
- Specifics in the Notes
- Notions: needle, measuring tape, scissors
- 5 squares x 5 rows = 4” (blocked)
- In keeping with industry standards, the graph for this square is free here on my blog but you can purchase the written instructions here.
- This is a C2C pattern worked from the bottom right corner to the top left corner.
- This pattern is a square, so you don’t have to worry about increasing on one side and decreasing on the other.
- Each C2C block consists of 3 double crochets and a ch-3. The directions will only tell you what color (ie: Color A, Color B, etc…) and the number tells you how many blocks to make.
- Check out the tutorial by Meghan Makes Do on how to do C2C designs if you’re unfamiliar on this technique.
- You will need to know how to change colors in a C2C for this pattern.
- Rows 1 – 20 you will be increasing and rows 21 – 39 you will be decreasing.
- The even-numbered rows are worked up and the odd-numbered rows are worked down. The odd-numbered rows are the Right Side.
- In the photos: Color A is off-white (Lion Brand Yarn Vanna’s Choice in Linen 2.4 oz/ 117 yds), color B is blue (stash blue 1.35 oz/ 66 yds), and color C is white (VC in White .78 oz/ 38 yds).
Finished product dimensions (measurements may vary by gauge and yarn used)
Approx 16″ x 16″
Graph for C2C Cup of Cocoa Afghan Square
Key: Color A is gray, color B is blue, and color C is white.
Feel free to add some fringe in another color as “sprinkles” on the whipped cream on top.
I plan on using the join method I used on my Concentric Squares Throw to join this CAL, you can check it out here.
Don’t forget, you can buy an ad-free pdf of the written instructions for this pattern in my Ravelry shop or in my LoveCrafts shop (coming soon).
Tada! There it is, the C2C Cup of Cocoa Afghan Square! I hope you love it and use the hashtag #DivineDebris on Instagram and I’ll share it in my stories!