Get a Bit Spooky with the Free Cool Tree Wall-Hanging Crochet Pattern
Did someone ask for another wall-hanging? Well, I really hope so because that’s what you’re gonna get this week. I hope your ready for like the new Cool Tree Wall-Hangings crochet pattern, because it’s ready for you!
So… this week’s new pattern kind of combines some different vibes from my previous wall-hangings – it’s got cool waves of color but a recognizable landscape and lots of colors so you could make it a fun stash buster. And it’s a fun little low-key addition to your Halloween decorations (or you could be like me and keep it up all year long). Don’t worry, if you want more bold Halloween designs I also have those here: Falloween designs.
Now I couldn’t decide what kind of wall-hanging I wanted to do for Halloween. Did I want something more typically Halloween or something more subtle? I’m often the last to know, if we’re being honest. And I did have a rough draft of a pumpkin and a cat but, alas, it will have to wait for another time. I picked the more subtle design because I thought this one would have more of a broad appeal (because you do have to worry about a thing like that as a designer). It also gave me a good opportunity to flex my design muscles, don’t you just love that tree?
And I do want to say, like my other wall-hangings, this one isn’t purely tapestry or intarsia but somewhere in between. I like to use bobbins but also carry yarn if I need to. I am a big fan of “do what seems right to you in the moment” that will give you a good outcome on this pattern. So if you need to carry the yarn up the back, fasten off, or use loads of floats (which I did, let me tell you the back is pretty wild), then you totally should do it. I just hope you have a good time working this pattern.
Overall, I do hope you have a good week and like this new design.
Please wear and wash your masks and be kind to each other.
Please note: I was provided the yarn for this pattern by We Crochet for the purposes of designing the Cool Tree Wall-Hanging crochet pattern, with compensation. I wasn’t provided the yarn with the expectations of positive or negative reviews but I always enjoy using this yarn, I’ve used it many times and it’s durable and colorful worsted weight yarn. If you purchase yarn through any of the links in this post, I will be compensated.
(this post contains affiliate links)
If you appreciate my weekly patterns I hope you’d consider purchasing an ad-free pdf of this pattern in my Ravelry shop and Lovecrafts shop!
Thank you Sara for becoming my newest patron on Patreon!
Where to purchase the Cool Tree Wall-Hanging pattern
- US G (4.00 mm) crochet hook
- Worsted weight/ size #4 yarn
- I used Brava Worsted from WeCrochet
- 8 colors
- A: 1.6 oz/ 99 yds
- F: 1.4 oz/ 87 yds
- B – E & G – H: < 1 oz/ 62 yds
- Notions: scissors, measuring tape, yarn needle
- Wooden dowel/ stick (more than 12” across)
- 17 sc x 20 rows = 4” (blocked)
Terms/ Stitches used
- Ch: Chain
- St: Stitch
- Sc: Single crochet
- RS: Right side
- As is industry standard, this pattern is just a free graph and not written instructions but you can purchase the pattern for free in my Ravelry shop.
- This pattern is worked from the bottom up, row by row with a turn at the beginning of the row.
- The ch 1 at the beginning of the rows does not count as a stitch.
- The odd rows are the RS.
- This whole pattern is worked in sc, so the instructions will only tell you the number and the color; ie: “A35” means sc 35 times in color A.
- This pattern doesn’t require you to carry the yarn, just use bobbins where necessary and change colors on the last pull through of the sc.
- For row 1 you can do a Foundation sc if you’d prefer.
- In the photos: Brava Worsted by We Crochet – color A is dark grey (Brava in Cobblestone Heather), B is medium grey (Brava Worsted in Silver), color C is purple (Brava in Mulberry), color D is blue (Brava in Denim), color E is mauve (Brava in Seraphim), color F is light grey (Brava in Dove Heather), color G is light yellow (Brava in Custard), and color H is dark yellow (Brava in Canary).
Approx Finished Product Details (not counting stick/dowel and fringe)
Cool Tree Wall-Hanging Crochet Pattern Graph
Key: color A is dark gray, color B is light gray, color C is purple, color D is blue, color E is mauve, color F is white, color G is light yellow, and color H is dark yellow.
Row 73: A: From where you left off on Row 72, ch 1, turn, sc around the wooden dowel/ stick and into Row 72 across — 57 sc
Row 74: Ch 80, skip the entire row, slip st into the first st of row 73 — 1 ch-80 space
Fasten off, weave in your ends.Feel free to add any details, such a fringe or surface crochet, to customize the final look of your wall-hanging.
For the fringe in the photos, cut 29 6” pieces of yarn in color A. Loop them through the other side of Row 1 in every other stitch. Use your yarn needle to split the pieces of yarn to bring out the curl and texture.
You can pick up written instructions for this pattern in my Ravelry shop.
Tada! There they are, the Cool Tree Wall-Hanging crochet pattern! I hope you love it and use the hashtag #DivineDebris on Instagram and I’ll share it in my stories!
2 thoughts on “Get a Bit Spooky with the Free Cool Tree Wall-Hanging Crochet Pattern”
The pattern instructions start at row 73… I don’t have a problem purchasing the complete pattern but just wanted you to jnow in case it was a mistake. Thanks for a lovely wall hanging pattern!!
Not a mistake, this is a graphing pattern so I include the graph for free on my blog, so knitters or people who’d prefer to work in in Tunisian can also use it, with the written instructions exclusive to the written pattern.