Hello August! Or as I like to call it, the first month of Falloween. I know that many people would push back on that but I’m very firm in my belief that the Fall should begin in August. I thought this through when I was a kid, if you have to go back to school then it’s definitely the Fall. Anyway, now that I got that off my chest we can get to this week’s new freebie – the Cool Cactus Wall-Hanging!
So, as you can probably tell, I’m loving wall-hangings this year. This will be the 3rd really fun one I’ve released in the last few months (check out the Cool Waves Wall-Hanging and the Moon Rise Wall-Hanging if you haven’t already) and it looks like there’s no stopping me. I just love how fun they are and how exciting just the use of color can be. As I’ve said before, it’s like painting with yarn.
If you follow me on Instagram you have probably watched this wall-hanging come to life. I started it on vacation and cruised through the making because it was so fun and interactive to make that the project the flew by. And I’m so very happy with how worked up and I hope you all like it. I can’t wait to see the pictures of projects! My testers did some amazing work and really made their own color selections unique.
Anyway, I hope you have a good week and like this new design.
Please wear and wash your masks and be kind to each other.
Please note: I was provided the yarn for this pattern by We Crochet for the purposes of designing the Cool Cactus Wall-Hanging crochet pattern, with compensation. I wasn’t provided the yarn with the expectations of positive or negative reviews but I always enjoy using this yarn, I’ve used it many times and it’s durable and colorful worsted weight yarn. If you purchase yarn through any of the links in this post, I will be compensated.
(this post contains affiliate links)
If you appreciate my weekly patterns I hope you’d consider purchasing an ad-free pdf of this pattern in my Ravelry shop and Lovecrafts shop!
Thank you Barbara for becoming my newest patron on Patreon!
Where to purchase the Cool Cactus Wall-Hanging pattern
- US G (4.00 mm) crochet hook
- Worsted weight/ size #4 yarn
- I used Brava Worsted from WeCrochet
- 6 colors
- Color F approx 1.5 oz/ 93 yds
- Colors A – E approx less than .6 oz/ 37 yds
- Notions: scissors, measuring tape, yarn needle
- Wooden dowel/ stick (more than 12” across)
- 17 sc x 20 rows = 4” (blocked)
Terms/ Stitches used
- Ch: Chain
- St: Stitch
- Sc: Single crochet
- RS: Right side
- This pattern is worked from the bottom up, row by row with a turn at the beginning of the row.
- The ch 1 at the beginning of the rows does not count as a stitch.
- This whole pattern is worked in sc, so the instructions will only tell you the number and the color; ie: “A35” means sc 35 times in color A.
- The graph for this project is on page 2. Rows 1 – 46 are shown with rows 47 – 72 being all color F.
- This pattern doesn’t require you to carry the yarn, just use bobbins where necessary and change colors on the last pull through of the sc.
- For row 1 you can do a Foundation sc if you’d prefer.
- This design was made using Brava Worsted by We Crochet – color A is green (Brava in Hunter), B is blue (Brava Worsted in Denim), color C is red orange (Brava in Paprika), color D is yellow (Brava in Caution), color E is orange (Brava in Orange), and color F cream (Brava in Custard).
Approx Finished Product Details (stick/dowel)
|14.6”||11” – 11.3”|
Cool Cactus Wall-Hanging Crochet Pattern Graph
Key: color A is green, color B is blue, color C is brown, color D is yellow, color E is orange, and color F white.
Row 73: From where you left off on Row 72, ch 1, turn, sc around the wooden dowel/ stick and into Row 72 across — 48 sc
Row 74: Ch 70, skip the entire row, slip st into the first st of row 73 — 1 ch-70 space
Fasten off, weave in your ends.
Feel free to add tassels, fringe, or any other detailing to customize this design.
You can pick up written instructions for this pattern in my Ravelry shop.