Plant C2C CAL – C2C Monstera Leaf Square Free Crochet Pattern
I don’t know how much you browse around Instagram but this month I’ve noticed something, March has been a big month for monstera leaves. I’ve seen them all over the place! Which makes sense, they’re so good looking and who doesn’t like a pop of bright green on their grid? Well, here’s my addition to the fun, this month’s C2C Monstera Afghan Square.
Now, I just want the record to show that I didn’t copy anyone. I swear. I actually wanted March to be a monstera leaf months ago, when I started thinking about what I wanted to design for the year. I didn’t write it down or tell anyone, so there’s no proof but I swear. It’s all good though.
Anyway, back to the C2C CAL. I hope this is another fun addition to the line up of this year. It’s a bold and stylized design with lots of room to customize if you’d like to add more colors to your leaf. That would be so cool. I wanted to make it in lots of greens but I thought perhaps that would end up too hard. Maybe that idea would be better suited to blanket, a larger one with lots of pretty colors.
I hope you enjoy this design and share your photos on Instagram.
I hope you all are healthy and happy and like this new design. Please be kind to one and other, wear your masks, wash your hands, and be safe friends!
Please note: I was provided the yarn for this pattern by Lion Brand Yarn for the purposes of making this design, without compensation. I wasn’t provided the yarn with the expectations of positive or negative reviews but I did enjoy using this yarn, I’ve used it many times and it’s always a great worsted acrylic yarn.
(this post contains affiliate links)
If you appreciate my weekly patterns I hope you’d consider purchasing an ad-free pdf of this pattern in my Ravelry shop. Or buy in my LoveCrafts shop.
Thank you to Terri, Sarah, and Dawn for becoming my newest patrons on Patreon!
12 squares (one each month)
12″ x 12″
New square will be released on the 4th Tuesday of each month
Graphs will be free on my blog (although there will be pdfs available for purchase for the written instructions)
Use the tag # DivineDebrisC2CPlantCAL or #DivineDebris so I can see the projects – I might share them on my social media
Intermediate (must know how to C2C)
- US H (5.00 mm) crochet hook
- I used this Furls Streamline hook
- Size #4/ worsted/ medium weight yarn
- 3 colors
- I used Vanna’s Choice by Lion Brand Yarn
- 2.4 oz total/ 116 yds
- Specifics in the Notes
- Notions: needle, measuring tape, scissors
- Pom pom maker (optional)
- 5 squares x 5 rows = 4” (blocked)
- As is industry standard, this pattern is just a free graph and not written instructions but you can purchase the pattern for free in my Ravelry shop.
- This is a C2C pattern worked from the bottom right corner to the top left corner.
- This pattern is a square, so you don’t have to worry about increasing on one side and decreasing on the other.
- Each C2C square consists of 3 double crochets and a ch-3. The directions will only tell you what color (ie: Color A, Color B, etc…) and the number tells you how many squares to make.
- Check out the tutorial by Meghan Makes Do on how to do C2C designs if you’re unfamiliar on this technique.
- You will need to know how to change colors in a C2C for this pattern.
- Rows 1 – 15 you will be increasing and rows 16 – 29 you will be decreasing.
- The odd-numbered rows are worked up and the even-numbered rows are worked down. The even-numbered rows are the Right Side.
- In the photos: Color A is off-white (Lion Brand Yarn Vanna’s Choice in Linen 1.1 oz/ 53 yds), color B is dark green (Lion Brand Yarn Vanna’s Choice in Olive .8 oz/ 39 yds), and color C is light green (Lion Brand Yarn Vanna’s Choice in Kelly Green .5 oz/ 24 yds).
Finished product dimensions (measurements may vary by gauge and yarn used)
Approx 12″ x 12″
Graph for C2C Monstera Leaf Afghan Square
Key: Color A is white, color B is dark green, and color C is light green.
I plan on using the join method I used on my Concentric Squares Throw to join this new CAL, you can check it out here.
Don’t forget, you can buy an ad-free pdf of the written instructions for this pattern in my Ravelry shop or in my LoveCrafts shop (coming soon).
Tada! There it is, the C2C Monstera Afghan Square! I hope you love it and use the hashtag #DivineDebris on Instagram and I’ll share it in my stories!