Happy Tuesday everyone! Who love a good cup of coffee? I know I do! And if you’ve been a fan of my blog for a while you know that, which is why this year’s year-long CAL has been coffee themed again (so was last year‘s btw). And this month’s square is a return to the tiny ones with the Tiny Sunrise Cup C2C Afghan Square.
Ok, serious question, how hot is it where you are? Because here, in SoCal, it is SO SO hot! When I was starting the process of designing this square I began from “ok, August is always so freaking hot… what does evoke in me image wise? And how can I make that coffee themed?” And that’s what brought me to the sunrise design.
Summers are so hot and honesty the only time I have to sit quietly and enjoy my coffee is in the morning, when the sun is still low in the sky and the color are warm and beautiful. That’s the inspiration behind this square and of course you can use any other colors you’d like (my testers did and they’re so cute) but I like the warm colors.
Like I said last C2C square post, all the coffee afghan squares will all be the tiny ones until December. I hope you like these squares! I can’t wait for next month’s – I have a couple ideas but if you think of something early Fall post that in the comments! 😀
So I leave you friends – I hope you all are healthy and happy and like this new design. Please be kind to one and other, wear your masks, wash your hands, and be safe friends!
Please note: I was provided the yarn for this pattern by Lion Brand Yarn for the purposes of making this design, without compensation. I wasn’t provided the yarn with the expectations of positive or negative reviews but I did enjoy using this yarn, I’ve used it many times and it’s always a great worsted acrylic yarn.
(this post contains affiliate links)
If you appreciate my weekly patterns I hope you’d consider purchasing an ad-free pdf of this pattern in my Ravelry shop.
Thank you to Charlotte for becoming my newest patron on Patreon!
12 squares (one a month)
23″ x 23″
New square will be released on the 4th Tuesday of each month
Graphs will be free on my blog (although there will be pdfs available for purchase for the written instructions)
Use the tag # DivineDebrisC2CCoffeeCAL or #DivineDebris so I can see the projects – I might share them on my social media
Intermediate (must know how to C2C)
- US G (4.00 mm) crochet hook
- I used this Furls Streamline hook
- Size #4/ worsted/ medium weight yarn
- 6 colors
- I used Lion Brand Yarn Basic Stitch Anti-Pilling
- 3 oz/ 140 yds total
- Specifics in the Notes
- Notions: needle, measuring tape, scissors
- 7 squares x 7 rows = 4.5”
- As is industry standard, this pattern is just a free graph and not written instructions but you can purchase the pattern for free in my Ravelry shop.
- This is a C2C pattern worked from the bottom right corner to the top left corner.
- This pattern is a square, so you don’t have to worry about increasing on one side and decreasing on the other.
- Each C2C square consists of 3 double crochets and a ch-3. The directions will only tell you what color (ie: Color A, Color B, etc…) and the number tells you how many squares to make.
- Check out the tutorial by Meghan Makes Do on how to do C2C designs if you’re unfamiliar on this technique.
- You will need to know how to change colors in a C2C for this pattern.
- Rows 1 – 36 you will be increasing and rows 37 – 71 you will be decreasing.
- The even-numbered rows are worked down and the odd-numbered rows are worked up. The even-numbered rows are the Right Side.
- In the photos: Color A is cream (Lion Brand Yarn Basic Stitch Anti-Pilling in Ecru 1.4 oz/68 yds), color B is black (Lion Brand Yarn Basic Stitch Anti-Pilling in Black .5 oz/24 yds), color C is yellow (Lion Brand Yarn Basic Stitch Anti-Pilling in Mustard .3 oz/14 yds), color D is orange (Lion Brand Yarn Basic Stitch Anti-Pilling in Pumpkin .3 oz/14 yds), color E is red (Lion Brand Yarn Basic Stitch Anti-Pilling in Red Heather .4 oz/19 yds) and Color F is brown (Lion Brand Yarn Basic Stitch Anti-Pilling in Taupe Heather .1 oz/.5 yds).
Finished product dimensions (measurements may vary by gauge and yarn used)
Approx 23″ x 23″
Graph for Tiny Sunrise Cup C2C Afghan Square
Key: Color A is white, color B is brown, color C is yellow, color D is orange, color E is red, and color F is pink.
A couple videos on carrying yarn in a C2C project
At this time I haven’t decided how I want to join all the squares, so feel free to drop a comment below if you’d have any advice. I might add a border to the squares later or maybe just sew them together. Who knows!
Don’t forget, you can buy an ad-free pdf of the written instructions for this pattern in my Ravelry shop or in my LoveCrafts shop (coming soon).