Coffee C2C Square Project – Square 11 crochet pattern
Second to last square! Second to last square! I can’t believe it. Especially with how long/fast/slow/short this year has been, ya know? But it’s still November, that means we’re on square eleven, so I hope you’re excited to meet the Tiny Fall Leaf Cup Square!
This month is the last of my favorite time of year – the Fall. I’ve talked at length on other posts and other social media platforms about how much Fall is my favorite and I knew I had to design another square in its honor before the season left. Which of course means next month will be a Christmasy design. Well, maybe just Wintery. I haven’t decided.
Anyway! I hope you like this design and I hope you’re enjoying this CAL. I haven’t thought of what I want to do for next year but I think I will be doing a smaller square CAL. Maybe C2C some more as I really have fallen in love with this technique. It’s so fun. I can’t wait to see your photos! And as this is the last post of this month, I hope you all have a safe and healthy rest of your month and if you’re in the US, a happy holiday. 🙂
I hope you all are healthy and happy and like this new design. Please be kind to one and other, wear your masks, wash your hands, and be safe friends!
Please note: I was provided the yarn for this pattern by Lion Brand Yarn for the purposes of making this design, without compensation. I wasn’t provided the yarn with the expectations of positive or negative reviews but I did enjoy using this yarn, I’ve used it many times and it’s always a great worsted acrylic yarn.
(this post contains affiliate links)
If you appreciate my weekly patterns I hope you’d consider purchasing an ad-free pdf of this pattern in my Ravelry shop.
Thank you to Sarah for becoming my newest patron on Patreon!
2020 Coffee C2C Afghan Square CAL or #DivineDebrisC2CCoffeeCAL
12 squares (one a month)
23″ x 23″ or 11.5″ x 11.5″
New square will be released on the 4th Tuesday of each month
Graphs will be free on my blog (although there will be pdfs available for purchase for the written instructions)
Use the tag # DivineDebrisC2CCoffeeCAL or #DivineDebris so I can see the projects – I might share them on my social media
See all the 2020 C2C Coffee Squares here
Intermediate (must know how to C2C)
- US G (4.00 mm) crochet hook
- I used this Furls Streamline hook
- Size #4/ worsted/ medium weight yarn
- 4 colors
- I used Lion Brand Yarn Basic Stitch Anti-Pilling
- 3.2 oz/ 166 yds total
- Specifics in the Notes
- Notions: needle, measuring tape, scissors
- 7 squares x 7 rows = 4.5”
- As is industry standard, this pattern is just a free graph and not written instructions but you can purchase the pattern for free in my Ravelry shop.
- This is a C2C pattern worked from the bottom right corner to the top left corner.
- This pattern is a square, so you don’t have to worry about increasing on one side and decreasing on the other.
- Each C2C square consists of 3 double crochets and a ch-3. The directions will only tell you what color (ie: Color A, Color B, etc…) and the number tells you how many squares to make.
- Check out the tutorial by Meghan Makes Do on how to do C2C designs if you’re unfamiliar on this technique.
- You will need to know how to change colors in a C2C for this pattern.
- Rows 1 – 36 you will be increasing and rows 37 – 71 you will be decreasing.
- The even-numbered rows are worked down and the odd-numbered rows are worked up. The even-numbered rows are the Right Side.
- In the photos: Color A is cream (Lion Brand Yarn Basic Stitch Anti-Pilling in Ecru 1.3 oz/ 68 yds), color B is gold (Lion Brand Yarn Basic Stitch Anti-Pilling in Gold Heather 1.3 oz/ 68 yds), Color C is mustard (Lion Brand Yarn Basic Stitch Anti-Pilling in Mustard .5 oz/ 16 yds), and color D is brown (Lion Brand Yarn Basic Stitch Anti-Pilling in Taupe Heather .5 oz/ 16 yds).
Finished product dimensions (measurements may vary by gauge and yarn used)
Approx 11.5″ x 11.5″
Graph for C2C Tiny Fall Leaf Cup Afghan Square
Key: Color A is white, color B is orange, color C is yellow, and color D is brown.
So I’ve started joining this blanket with a simple ch/sc join – you can check it out here. It’s not a perfect join, so I will be making a post about what I’ve done to adjust it for this blanket in December. 🙂
Don’t forget, you can buy an ad-free pdf of the written instructions for this pattern in my Ravelry shop or in my LoveCrafts shop (coming soon).
Tada! There it is, the C2C Tiny Fall Leaf Cup Afghan Square! I hope you love it and use the hashtag #DivineDebris on Instagram and I’ll share it in my stories!
2 thoughts on “Coffee C2C Square Project – Square 11 crochet pattern”
I adore this CAL. But I wonder if there is a way to create the rainbow block as a smaller block and make one of the smaller blocks large to take its place. Thank you!
No, all the sizes are as written. You’d have to completely re-write the square to change the size.
I hope that helps!