Can you believe that we’re more than half way through this year’s CAL? I feel like this year, as I do all years, is just flying by! At least I’ll have all these squares to remember it by… speaking of, allow me to introduce you to this month’s new Plant Square – the C2C Agave Afghan Square.
This month’s square is modeled after the beautiful agave plants that I’ve seen growing all over the place here in southern California. They can get so big. Have you seen them? I love to look at them but they’re not really all that snuggly looking, so no touching. But I wish I had a whole back yarn full of them.And that’s why I designed this month’s after them, I just love how they look and I wanted to make a nice tribute.
I hope you like how fun and simple this design is. I added the 2 color to make the leaves has a lot of movement and so you could actually see them. That’s the hardest part about this CAL, the size of the squares is small and wonderful but leaves not so much for details. Maybe I’ll have to find a nice middle ground between the huge coffee squares and these small ones for next year.
I hope you enjoy this new square!
Check out last year’s 2020’s C2C Coffee CAL, 2019’s Coffee Tapestry Squares, and the 2018’s Tapestry Afghan Squares.
I hope you all are healthy and happy and like this new design. Please be kind to one and other, wear your masks, wash your hands, and be safe friends!
Please note: I was provided the yarn for this pattern by Lion Brand Yarn for the purposes of making this design, without compensation. I wasn’t provided the yarn with the expectations of positive or negative reviews but I did enjoy using this yarn, I’ve used it many times and it’s always a great worsted acrylic yarn.
(this post contains affiliate links)
If you appreciate my weekly patterns I hope you’d consider purchasing an ad-free pdf of this pattern in my Ravelry shop.
Thank you to Lynn for becoming my newest patrons on Patreon!
12 squares (one each month)
12″ x 12″
New square will be released on the 4th Tuesday of each month
Graphs will be free on my blog (although there will be pdfs available for purchase for the written instructions)
Use the tag # DivineDebrisC2CPlantCAL or #DivineDebris so I can see the projects – I might share them on my social media
Where to buy the C2C Agave Afghan Square
Intermediate (must know how to C2C)
- US H (5.00 mm) crochet hook
- Size #4/ worsted/ medium weight yarn
- 4 colors
- I used Vanna’s Choice by Lion Brand Yarn
- 2.5 oz total/ 121 yds
- Specifics in the Notes
- Notions: needle, measuring tape, scissors
- 5 squares x 5 rows = 4” (blocked)
- This is a C2C pattern worked from the bottom right corner to the top left corner.
- This pattern is a square, so you don’t have to worry about increasing on one side and decreasing on the other.
- Each C2C square consists of 3 double crochets and a ch-3. The directions will only tell you what color (ie: Color A, Color B, etc…) and the number tells you how many squares to make.
- Check out the tutorial by Meghan Makes Do on how to do C2C designs if you’re unfamiliar on this technique.
- You will need to know how to change colors in a C2C for this pattern.
- Rows 1 – 15 you will be increasing and rows 16 – 29 you will be decreasing.
- The odd-numbered rows are worked up and the even-numbered rows are worked down. The even-numbered rows are the Right Side.
- In the photos: Color A is off-white (Lion Brand Yarn Vanna’s Choice in Linen 1 oz/ 48 yds), color B is blue (VC in Colonial Blue .2 oz/ 9.7 yds), color C is green (VC in Dusty Green .5 oz/ 24 yds), color D is sage (VC in Sage .7 oz/ 34 yds).
Finished product dimensions (measurements may vary by gauge and yarn used)
Approx 12″ x 12″
Graph for C2C Agave Afghan Square
Key: Color A is white, color B is orange, color C is green, and color D is blue.
I plan on using the join method I used on my Concentric Squares Throw to join this new CAL, you can check it out here.
Don’t forget, you can buy an ad-free pdf of the written instructions for this pattern in my Ravelry shop or in my LoveCrafts shop (coming soon).