Dress Up Your Kitchen with the Free Lovely Lemons Wall Hanging Crochet Pattern
Hi there! How’s your February been going? Me? Well… I’ve been trying to brand out and make some new designs and get a *little* away from mushrooms. And this week’s new pattern is a little venture into something brighter – the Lovely Lemons Wall Hanging.
This design was inspired by my mom. For about as long as I can remember one of her favorite things was lemons. When I was in high school she had more than a couple bottles of the vinegar preserved lemons, perhaps you remember them being popular back in the 2000’s, because she loved the cute brightness they brought to her kitchen. She doesn’t have them so much now but I thought it’d be fun to replace that idea with a simple wall hanging. Also her birthday just passed, so I said this was for her and she got to watch the whole thing get made on social media. Pretty cool, in my completely unbiased opinion.
Like all my other wall hanging designs (of the last couple years at least) this pattern is worked from the bottom up in rows, all single crochet. I like to keep the wrong side where I drop and pick up or carry the yarn and that way the right side is nice and clean. If you want to see how the design looks on the back, check out my Instagram page. I don’t carry the yarn the whole way, I do prefer to use the yarn still attached to the skein, so I have clean changes across.
As always say, when it comes to color work you should do what works the best for you. I mostly used a bobbin technique (keeping the yarn attached to the skein) and made sure to turn the piece back and forth rather than in a circle as I worked the rows. I have a couple Reels on my Instagram that show how I change colors from the front and also the back, so if you’re struggling with changing colors those might help you. But I firmly believe that anyone can make a color work project like this, you just need to know how to make a single crochet 🙂 Oh, and don’t forget to block – it helps color work so much..
And keeping with industry standards, if you’d like written instructions to this pattern you can pick those up in my Ravelry shop. I know talking about money is often icky but I split up these patterns this way so that people do have an incentive to pick up the pdf, it helps me to keep making patterns here on my blog. I hope you understand.
Anyway, I hope this new design brings some brightness into your life. Please wear and wash your masks and be kind to each other.
This post linked to Loop Scoop 57
Please note: I was provided the yarn for this pattern by Lion Brand Yarn for the purposes of designing the Lovey Lemons Wall Hanging crochet pattern, without compensation. I wasn’t provided the yarn with the expectations of positive or negative reviews but I’ve used Basic Stitch many times, it’s one of my favorite worsted weight yarns.
Copyright @ Divine Debris 2023. No part of this document may be reproduced or transmitted in any form by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, or otherwise, without prior written permission from the author. Sales of finished products are permitted, but the designer requests that you link back to the pattern and credit Divine Debris with the original design under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike license. If you have any questions, comments or concerns please contact email@example.com.
(this post contains affiliate links)
If you appreciate my patterns I hope you’d consider purchasing an ad-free pdf of this pattern in my Ravelry shop and Lovecrafts shop!
Where to purchase the Lovely Lemons Wall Hanging crochet pattern
Intermediate (need to know how to read a graph and do color work)
- US G (4.00 mm) crochet hook
- Worsted weight/ size #4 yarn
- I used Basic Stitch by Lion Brand Yarn but you can use literally any worsted weight yarn you have on hand
- 5 colors (Key in the notes and above the graph)
- E: 1.7 oz/ 90 yds
- A – D: Less than 1 oz/ 53 yds of ea.
- Notions: scissors, measuring tape, yarn needle
- Wooden dowel/ stick (more than 13″ across)
- 19 sc x 22 rows = 4” (blocked)
Terms/ Stitches used
- Ch: Chain
- St: Stitch
- Sc: Single crochet
- RS: Right side
- As is industry standard, this pattern is just a free graph and not written instructions but you can purchase the pattern for a fee in my Ravelry shop.
- This pattern is worked from the bottom up, row by row with a turn at the beginning of the row.
- The ch 1 at the beginning of the rows does not count as a stitch.
- The odd rows are the RS.
- This pattern doesn’t require you to carry the yarn, just use bobbins where necessary and change colors on the last pull through of the sc.
- Begin with a ch 55 in color A, turn, and start in the 2nd ch from the hook. Each row begins with a “ch 1, turn” and all st counts are 54 sc.
- In the photos: Basic Stitch by Lion Brand Yarn – color A is gold (BS in Gold Heather 1 oz/ 52 yds), color B is yellow (BS in Mustard .5 oz/ 26 yds), color C is white (BS in White .1 oz/ 5 yds), color D is green (BS in Grass .5 oz/ 26 yds), and color E is cream (BS in Beige Heather 1.7 oz/ 90 yds).
Blocked Lovely Lemons Wall Hanging Finished Product Details (approx, not including stick/ dowel/ fringe)
Lovely Lemons Wall Hanging Crochet Pattern Graph
Key: color A is peach, color B is yellow, color C is white, color D is green, and color E is gray.
Sew your wooden dowel or stick to your wall hanging (or sc into the last row across if you’d like).
For the hanger, ch 80 with color E and tie the ends to either side of the wall hanging on the dowel/ stick.
Feel free to add any details, such a fringe or surface crochet, to customize the final look of your wall-hanging. I added pieces of fringe to the other side of Row 1 to match the colors used on Row 1.
You can pick up written instructions for the Lovely Lemons Wall Hanging crochet pattern in my Ravelry shop.
Tada! There they are, the Lovely Lemons Wall Hanging crochet pattern! I hope you love it and use the hashtag #DivineDebris on Instagram and I’ll share it in my stories!