Coffee C2C Square Project – Square 12 crochet pattern
Last Coffee Afghan Square and last post of the year! I can’t believe it’s here, it’s been a whole year coming. I hope you’re ready for the C2C Christmas Cup Afghan Square, the 12th and last square. Finishing 2020 in style don’t you think?
So this month’s square is unsurprisingly a Christmas themed one. I originally didn’t know what I wanted to make this month but after making and deleting a couple designs I found one I like and am happy with for a final square. I even added a nice little pom pom to this square, taking my blanket up a notch.
And if you’re readying along on Instagram you might already know I’ve been hard at work thinking about what I want 2021’s CAL to be. I’m leaning hard on plants but I haven’t fully decided. What do you think? Let me know in the comments what you think will be a fun idea.
And I hope you’ve been enjoying this CAL and will share your photos on social media, just make sure you tag me so I can see them! I love seeing the squares.
I hope you all are healthy and happy and like this new design. Please be kind to one and other, wear your masks, wash your hands, and be safe friends!
Please note: I was provided the yarn for this pattern by Lion Brand Yarn for the purposes of making this design, without compensation. I wasn’t provided the yarn with the expectations of positive or negative reviews but I did enjoy using this yarn, I’ve used it many times and it’s always a great worsted acrylic yarn.
(this post contains affiliate links)
If you appreciate my weekly patterns I hope you’d consider purchasing an ad-free pdf of this pattern in my Ravelry shop.
Thank you to all my patrons on Patreon!
Learn how you can get 4 patterns a month and become a patron here for as low as $2.50 a month.
2020 Coffee C2C Afghan Square CAL or #DivineDebrisC2CCoffeeCAL
12 squares (one a month)
23″ x 23″ or 11.5″ x 11.5″
New square will be released on the 4th Tuesday of each month
Graphs will be free on my blog (although there will be pdfs available for purchase for the written instructions)
Use the tag # DivineDebrisC2CCoffeeCAL or #DivineDebris so I can see the projects – I might share them on my social media
See all the 2020 C2C Coffee Squares here
Intermediate (must know how to C2C)
- US G (4.00 mm) crochet hook
- I used this Furls Streamline hook
- Size #4/ worsted/ medium weight yarn
- 4 colors (with optional 5th)
- I used Lion Brand Yarn Basic Stitch Anti-Pilling
- 11 oz/ 582 yds total
- Specifics in the Notes
- Notions: needle, measuring tape, scissors
- Pom pom maker (optional)
- 7 squares x 7 rows = 4.5”
- This is a C2C pattern worked from the bottom right corner to the top left corner.
- This pattern is a square, so you don’t have to worry about increasing on one side and decreasing on the other.
- Each C2C square consists of 3 double crochets and a ch-3. The directions will only tell you what color (ie: Color A, Color B, etc…) and the number tells you how many squares to make.
- Check out the tutorial by Meghan Makes Do on how to do C2C designs if you’re unfamiliar on this technique.
- You will need to know how to change colors in a C2C for this pattern.
- Rows 1 – 36 you will be increasing and rows 37 – 71 you will be decreasing.
- The even-numbered rows are worked down and the odd-numbered rows are worked up. The even-numbered rows are the Right Side.
- In the photos: Color A is cream (Lion Brand Yarn Basic Stitch Anti-Pilling in Ecru 7 oz/ 370 yds), color B is green (Lion Brand Yarn Basic Stitch Anti-Pilling in Spring 1 oz/ 53 yds), Color C is red (Lion Brand Yarn Basic Stitch Anti-Pilling in Red Heather 2 oz/ 106 yds), and color D is brown (Lion Brand Yarn Basic Stitch Anti-Pilling in Taupe Heather 1 oz/ 53 yds). Optional 5th color is yellow (Lion Brand Yarn Basic Stitch Anti-Pilling in Mustard).
Finished product dimensions (measurements may vary by gauge and yarn used)
Approx 23″ x 23″
Graph for C2C Christmas Cup Afghan Square
Key: Color A is white, color B is green, color C is red, and color D is orange.
Add an optional pom pom to the top of the square to make it look like a tree.
So I’ve started joining this blanket with a simple ch/sc join – you can check it out here. It’s not a perfect join, so I will be making a post about what I’ve done to adjust it for this blanket in December. 🙂
Don’t forget, you can buy an ad-free pdf of the written instructions for this pattern in my Ravelry shop or in my LoveCrafts shop (coming soon).
Tada! There it is, the C2C Christmas Cup Afghan Square! I hope you love it and use the hashtag #DivineDebris on Instagram and I’ll share it in my stories!