Happy June friends! As you might know, June is Pride month and every year I take the opportunity to share some fun rainbow patterns for you to show off your handmade pride too. This week’s new release is for the Puff Rainbow Earrings pattern, so get your tiny hooks and thread ready.
As I’ve said before, I love earrings. I love making crochet earrings, wearing crochet earrings, and designing crochet earrings. It’s where I started my crochet journey many years ago, it makes me feel connected to my past self when I make them. I hope you can find the joy I do when I make them when you make these.
(this post may contain affiliate links)
If you appreciate my weekly patterns I hope you’d consider purchasing an ad-free pdf of this pattern in my Ravelry shop.
Thank you Emma-Jean for becoming my newest patron on Patreon!
Where to buy the Puff Rainbow Earrings crochet pattern
- Not critical
Terms/ Stitches used
- Ch: Chain
- St: Stitch
- Hdc: half double crochet
- Puff: puff stitch (explained below)
- Puff: Puff Stitch: yarn over, insert hook into specified stitch, yarn over, pull up a loop, *yarn over, insert hook into the same stitch, yarn over, pull up a loop,* repeat from * to * twice more, yarn over, pull through all 9 loops on your hook.
- The ch 1 at the beginning of the some rows does not count as a stitch.
- This pattern is worked in a semi-circle and may require blocking to get it to lay flat.
- Color A is the red, color B is orange, color C is yellow, color D is green, color E is blue, and color F is purple in the photos. Aunt Lydia’s Size 10 crochet threads was used. Less than .1 oz of each color used.
Puff Rainbow Earrings Crochet Pattern Finished product dimensions (measurements may vary by gauge and thread used)
|2.5” across, 1.5” high|
Puff Rainbow Earrings Crochet Pattern instructions
Row 1: A: Ch 4, slip st to form a circle.
Row 2: Ch 1, hdc 5 times into the ch-4 circle – 5 hdc
Fasten off color A.
Row 3: B: Ch 1 (make this ch 1 about the height of a hdc here and throughout), turn, puff into the first st, *ch 1, [puff, ch 1, puff, ch 1] into the next st, puff into the next st,* repeat from * to * once more – 7 puff, 6 ch-1 spaces
Fasten off color B.
Row 4: C: Ch 1, turn, hdc into the next 13 sts (this counts ch-1 spaces and puff sts) – 13 hdc
Fasten off color C.
Row 5: D: Ch 1, turn, puff into the first st, ch 1, *puff into the next st, ch 1* repeat from * to * 4 more times, [puff, ch 1, puff, ch 1] into the next st, repeat from * to * 5 more times, puff into the last st – 14 puff, 13 ch-1 spaces
Fasten off color D.
Row 6: E: Ch 1, turn, hdc into the next 27 sts (this counts ch-1 spaces and puff sts) – 27 hdc
Fasten off color E.
Row 7: F: Ch 1, turn, puff into the first st, *ch 1, skip the next st, puff into the next st,* repeat from * to * 12 more times – 14 puff sts, 13 ch 1 spaces
Fasten off, weave in your ends.
Like I do with all my earrings, I stiffened these with fabric stiffener. Just wet them down with the stiffener (I dilute it with water) and lay them flat to dry completely. When they’re dry, add fringe (optional), attach the findings and wear.