- 3 colors worsted weight/ size #4 yarn
- 2.5 oz
- 154 yards
- US N (10.00 mm) hook
- Large-eye blunt tapestry needle
- 5” x 5” = 11 dcs x 6 rows
- ch: chain
- slip st: slip stitch
- st: stitch
- sc: single crochet
- spike sc: spice single crochet
- Leave a long tail before beginning the ch of row 1, you will use this ch to secure the row after you’ve completed the scarf.
- This pattern is worked in the round after row 1.
- You do not have to turn the piece after each row.
- You can recreate the color scheme in the photos by performing 2 rows of each color and then starting with the first color and doing 2 rows of each again.
- The ch 1 at the beginning of the row does not count as a stitch.
Finished product dimensions (for pattern as written and no adjustments):
- Width: 4.5”
- Length: 19” – 20”
Row 1: Ch 81, sc into second ch from the hook and into all sts across, slip st to the first sc to secure – 80 scs
- Note: Before you secure row 1 give the row one twist, this will create a twist in the scarf later on. If you do not want a twist in the finished product, disregard this note.
Row 2: Ch 1, sc into first st, spike sc into next st, *sc into next st, spike sc into next st* repeat from * to * all the way around – 20 scs, 20 spike scs
Row 3: Ch 1, spike sc into first st, sc into next st, *spike sc into next st, sc into next st* repeat from * to * all the way around – 20 scs, 20 spike scs
Rows 4 – 16: repeat rows 2 & 3 over and over again.
- Make a cowl: repeat the pattern as directed, but ch 51 at the beginning. This will create a closer to the neck, cowl style scarf.
- Repeat rows 2 & 3 as many times you would like to create a larger scarf.
- Same scarf, different securing: Work the scarf flat instead of in the round by not securing w/ a slip st any of the rounds. For finishing, sc a border, with 2 chs in the corners, and then st up the shorter ends (the ends that would have been secured w/ a slip st in the original pattern)
- Make a traditional scarf: ch 201(or your own odd numbered length) at the beginning, don’t secure the ends.
- Finish with a sc on both edges.
You may sell all finished products made from this pattern; however you may not share, sell, or distribute this pattern in any way, in whole or in part. I would greatly appreciate a link back to my shop or this pattern anytime you sell this item online.
You MAY NOT use any of the photos from this listing, or the ones contained in the pattern, to sell your item. You MUST take your own photos.
This pattern is in pdf form and includes full color photos.
Copyright @ Divine Debris 2012 – 2015. No part of this document may be reproduced or transmitted in any form by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, or otherwise, without prior written permission from the author. Sales of finished product are permitted, but designer requests that you link back to pattern and credit Divine Debris with the original design under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike license. If you have any questions, comments or concerns please contact email@example.com.