You can purchase an ad-free pdf of this pattern in my Ravelry shop.
- US J (6.oo mm) crochet hook
- Worsted/ medium/ size #4 weight yarn
- 2.75 – 3 oz/ 132 – 144 yards
- I used Vanna’s Choice
- Tapestry needle
- 5” x 5” = 8 rows x 17 DCs
- Rnd: round
- Ch: chain
- St: stitch
- Sc: single crochet
- Hdc: half double crochet
- You will need to know how to work into the back third loop of the hdc.
- This pattern is worked in the round, with a slip st into the first st from the last.
- The ch 1 at the beginning of the rows does not count as a stitch.
- You can add more rows as you would like, just keep repeating rows 2 – 9. Also, if you want to make it longer, it’s a simple multiple of 2 pattern (basically just keep your stitch count to even numbers and you’ll be set.)
- The fringe is entirely optional.
- You can replace the first 2 rows with a foundation half double crochet row if you’d like. You just need to make sure you can identify the back third loop for the next row.
- You only need to turn on SOME rows, keep an eye out for that.
Finished product dimensions:
- Height: 5″ – 5.5″
- Diameter: 13″ – 13.5″
Rnd 1: Ch 100, slip st into the first ch to create a large ring. Do not twist this chain unless you’d like a twist in your final scarf.
Rnd 2: Ch 1 (does not count as a st here and throughout), hdc into same st as join and into the next 99 chs, slip st into the first st – 100 hdcs
Rnds 3 – 4: Ch 1, hdc into the back third loop of the same st as join and into the back third loop of each st around, slip st into the first st – 100 hdcs
Rnd 5: Ch 1, turn, hdc into the back third loop of first st, slip st into the back third loop of the next st, *hdc into the back third loop of the next st, slip st into the back third loop of the next st,* repeat from * to * 48 more times, slip st into the first st- 50 hdcs
Rnds 6 – 9: Ch 1, turn, hdc into first st, slip st into next st, *hdc into next st, slip st into next st,* repeat from * to * 48 more times, slip st into the first hdc – 50 hdcs
Rnd 10: Ch 1, turn, hdc into same st as join and into the next 99 sts, slip st into the first st – 100 hdcs
Rnds 11 – 12: repeat rnds 3 – 4
Rnds 13 – 20: repeat rnds 5 – 12
Rnd 21: Ch 1, sc into the back third loop of the first st and into the back third loop of the next 99 sts, slip st into the first st – 100 scs
Note: if you’d like your scarf to be longer, continue repeating rnds 3 – 12 as much as you’d like.
Fasten off. Weave in ends.
You may sell all finished products made from this pattern; however you may not share, sell, or distribute this pattern in any way, in whole or in part. I would greatly appreciate a link back to my shop or this pattern anytime you sell this item online.
You MAY NOT use any of the photos from this listing, or the ones contained in the pattern, to sell your item. You MUST take your own photos.
This pattern is in pdf form and includes full color photos.
Copyright @ Divine Debris 2012 – 2015. No part of this document may be reproduced or transmitted in any form by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, or otherwise, without prior written permission from the author. Sales of finished product are permitted, but designer requests that you link back to pattern and credit Divine Debris with the original design under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike license. If you have any questions, comments or concerns please contact email@example.com