So how’s your November going? For me, it’s a been a warm one. This is usually the month I like to start “pie season” and I just love a good piece of pie when the weather gets colder. I really wish California would cool off, ya know? Because the only time it’s cool is at night, under the moon and stars. And that brings me to this week’s new release, the new Follow the Moon Wall Hanging.
So, if you’ve been around here before you know that I’ve been on a wall hanging kick this year. I’ve put out a few (a lot, see them here) and I’ve had fun with each of them. They’re all so unique and different that they make me so happy. It’s like painting (as I always say) and it’s such a good time to play around with color combinations. I mean, you really don’t know how colors will work together until you actually get them side by side. And that’s what keeps making me move forward on more wall hangings, playing with colors. Who wouldn’t want to keep doing that?
So yeah, I hope you like this design. It’s another I totally suggest using bobbins for, as I didn’t care throughout (just where I needed, for a few sts at most). And have fun with the colors! I can’t wait to see your photos.
Please wear and wash your masks and be kind to each other.
Please note: I was provided the yarn for this pattern by We Crochet for the purposes of designing the Follow the Moon Wall Hanging crochet pattern, with compensation. I wasn’t provided the yarn with the expectations of positive or negative reviews but I always enjoy using this yarn, I’ve used it many times and it’s durable and colorful worsted weight yarn. If you purchase yarn through any of the links in this post, I will be compensated.
This post is linked to Loop Scoop 27
(this post contains affiliate links)
If you appreciate my weekly patterns I hope you’d consider purchasing an ad-free pdf of this pattern in my Ravelry shop and Lovecrafts shop!
Thank you Andrea for becoming my newest patron on Patreon!
Where to purchase the Follow the Moon Wall Hanging pattern
- US G (4.00 mm) crochet hook
- Worsted weight/ size #4 yarn
- I used Brava Worsted from WeCrochet
- 7 colors
- A: 1.6 oz/ 99 yds
- B – G: < 1 oz/ 62 yds
- Notions: scissors, measuring tape, yarn needle
- Wooden dowel/ stick (more than 14” across)
- 17 sc x 20 rows = 4” (blocked)
Terms/ Stitches used
- Ch: Chain
- St: Stitch
- Sc: Single crochet
- RS: Right side
- As is industry standard, this pattern is just a free graph and not written instructions but you can purchase the pattern for a fee in my Ravelry shop.
- This pattern is worked from the bottom up, row by row with a turn at the beginning of the row.
- The ch 1 at the beginning of the rows does not count as a stitch.
- The odd rows are the RS.
- This whole pattern is worked in sc, so the instructions will only tell you the number and the color; ie: “A35” means sc 35 times in color A.
- Begin with a ch 58 in color A, turn, and start in the 2nd ch from the hook. Each row begins with a “ch 1, turn” and all st counts are 57 sc.
- This pattern doesn’t require you to carry the yarn, just use bobbins where necessary and change colors on the last pull through of the sc.
- For row 1 you can do a Foundation sc if you’d prefer.
- In the photos: Brava Worsted by We Crochet – In the photos: Brava Worsted by We Crochet – color A is speckled white (BW in Salt and Pepper Speckle), color B is yellow (BW in Canary), color C is purple (BW in Eggplant), color D is dark blue (BW in Celestial), color E is light blue (BW in Cornflower), color F is green (BW in Fig), and color G is grey (BW in Silver).
Approx Finished Product Details (not counting stick/dowel and fringe)
Follow the Moon Wall Hanging Crochet Pattern Graph
Key: color A is white, color B is yellow, color C is purple, color D is dark blue, color E is light blue, color F is green, and color G is grey.
Begin with a ch 58 in color A, turn, and start in the 2nd ch from the hook. Each row begins with a “ch 1, turn” and all st counts are 57 sc.
Row 73: A: From where you left off on Row 72, ch 1, turn, sc around the wooden dowel/ stick and into Row 72 across — 57 sc
Row 74: Ch 80, skip the entire row, slip st into the first st of row 73 — 1 ch-80 space
Fasten off, weave in your ends.Feel free to add any details, such a fringe or surface crochet, to customize the final look of your wall-hanging.
Cut 57 4” pieces of yarn so they match up with the colors you used on Row 1. Then loop them through the other side of Row one where they line up with the colors.
Sun Details (optional)
To create the “sun rays” around the sun, just take your yarn needle and the yarn color you used on the sun and create rays by going from the WS to the RS as many times as you’d like to add “rays” to make the sun stand out more.